The following city guide can give you the perfect itinerary for 48 hours in Kiev, Ukraine, one of Europe’s prime travel destinations – okay, I might be biased, but go along with me on this one…
Kiev is one of the oldest cities in Eastern Europe and happens to be the 8th most populated city in Europe. Although Kiev is the better-known spelling of Ukraine’s capital city – patriotic locals prefer “Kyiv” because it reflects the Ukrainian pronunciation. It is also important to know that the countries name is just “Ukraine”. Before it gained sovereignty in 1991 it was called “the Ukraine” as a territory within the USSR.
Like many formerly communist countries, Ukraine has undergone extreme economic and social changes. Today, Kiev is a bustling cosmopolitan city combining historic architecture, modern cafes and a vibrant nightlife. In other words, it’s the perfect tourist destination!
Of course, it can be hard to get an authentic feel of a place in just a day or two. But if you take advantage of the extensive public transportation system you can cover a lot of ground in just 48 hours. Just don’t attempt to visit all the cool museums or you’ll never leave!
Read the full itinerary at http://letsgowonder.com/48-hours-kiev-ukraine-gowonder-city-guide/
That includes detailed info about:
- Kiev-Pechersk Lavra – The monastery that’s basically a candle-lit maze of cave tunnels!
- Motherland Monument and War Museum – Discover the view from Ukraine’s Statue of Liberty!
- Cheap and Relaxing Boat Cruise – Kick back and enjoy Kiev’s panorama!
- Bar Banka – Eat and drink out of jars on the best night of your life!
- Landscape Alley Park – Walk a mile in Alice in Wonderland’s feet!
- Independence Square – Celebrate Ukraine’s freedom and spirit of revolution
- Zip-Line to the Beach – Fly like the wind – over the city
- A Church with a View – See the sunset reflected in dozens of golden domes