Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee is the perfect way to step up your caffeine routine. Four Sigmatic creates more than just coffee, but today I will be focusing on jitter liquid because it’s Monday morning and I need a cup (or five.) But I’m getting ahead of myself. In this article I will tell you about the company and their mushroom coffee. If you’re not big on reading, watch it instead!
Four Sigmatic: The Company
Four Sigmatic was started in Finland in five funguys (see what they did there?) Coffee plays an important role in Finnish culture and during WWII, a coffee shortage drove people to brew it from mushrooms. Fins are also into nature and have been interested in the health aspects of mushrooms for decades. The name Four Sigmatic refers to the quality of food. On one end is the processed unhealthy food and then there are super foods such as mushrooms.
Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee comes in several forms and flavors for varying purposes:
Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee
Their most popular coffee is the basic Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee. It comes in a 12 oz. bag containing ground beans, lions mane and chaga. There are SO many health benefits to adding these mushrooms to your daily cup of coffee.
If you don’t already, I highly recommend that you subscribe to Learn Your Land on YouTube. Adam Haritan is a mushroom expert and can turn anyone into a bona fide mushroom hunter. You can take it one step further by signing up for his class, like I did! I’ll be reviewing it soon. Anyway… mushrooms are a super food and more companies are incorporating them into their products. It’s a lengthy discussion to get into all the benefits but to keep it short:
Lion’s Mane Health Benefits
- Could Protect Against Dementia
- Helps Relieve Mild Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety
- May Speed Recovery from Nervous System Injuries
- Protects Against Ulcers in the Digestive Tract
- Reduces Heart Disease Risk
- Helps Manage Diabetes Symptoms
- May Help Fight Cancer
- Reduces Inflammation and Oxidative Stress
You can read more about these here.
Chaga Health Benefits
- Nutrient-dense super food. Share on Pinterest Chaga mushrooms contain a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
- Slowing the aging process.
- Lowering cholesterol.
- Preventing and fighting cancer.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Supporting the immune system.
- Fighting inflammation.
- Lowering blood sugar.
You can read more about these here.
Four Sigmatic Mushroom Academy
The company is so passionate about mushrooms, they even have a free mushroom academy. There are videos to teach people about the benefits of mushrooms. Check it out here.
Literature on Mycology
I love to write about mushrooms and you can read my articles here. However, I’m no expert. If you want to read something fancier, check out these books (#affiliate):
- Tero Isokauppila: Healing Mushrooms
- Robert Rogers: The Fungal Pharmacy
- Peter McCoy: Radical Mycology
- Donald Yance: Adaptogens in Medical Herbalism
- David Winston: Herbs for Strength, Stamina, and Stress Relief
- Entangled Life: How Fungi Make Our Worlds, Change Our Minds & Shape Our Futures
- Wild Mushrooms: A Cookbook and Foraging Guide
- Mushrooms: How to Identify and Gather Wild Mushrooms and Other Fungi
- The Complete Mushroom Hunter
Four Sigmatic Other Products
So far I have only had Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee, but I really want to try their other products! They have protein powder, cocoa mixes, mushroom blends, energy drinks, instant coffee packets, lattes and more! Show all products here.
Summary: Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee
Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee makes your caffeine routine healthier! Mushrooms are a super food and can help you live your best life. Pick between regular coffee and products that help you focus, think or have more energy. Four Sigmatic is a great company and their mushroom coffee is both delicious and nutrious. Plus, they are reasonably priced and the health benefits are backed by science.
Follow The Travel Bug Bite for reviews and more great content!