We live in Rhode Island where stores are still open. However, there are limits on how much you can buy per person and every time you go, you risk spreading the virus. The last time we went shopping was at Trader Joes. They only let 25 people inside at one time and didn’t let anyone buy more than two of each item. As an avid coffee drinker, I get through two cartons of milk pretty fast. To avoid drinking black coffee during the expected quarantine, I decided to get some JOI Almond Milk Concentrate.
JOI Almond Milk Concentrate is a great option for many reasons. It is:
- Vegan, keto and paleo friendly
- Made with only one ingredient: almonds
- Unsweetened and without gums or emulsifiers
- $37.98 for 30 oz (850 grams) which creates 14 quarts (13.2 liters) of milk
- Sold in 100% recyclable packages that can be up-cycled as they are microwave and dishwasher safe
- Storable on a shelf for 18 months as a powder
- Storable freshly made in the fridge for up to 7 days so you don’t have to make it every morning
- Available in two-packs of almond, cashew, or one of each
- Possible to use to make milk, creamer, sauces and as a protein additive in smoothies
We are hoping that we will love JOI Almond Milk Concentrate as much as we love our current go-to, Almond Breeze. Every time we buy it we feel guilty because of the cartons and the environmental costs of creating and shipping this particular milk. We keep coming back to it because it has fewer calories than other nut milks and because of its price. JOI Almond Milk Concentrate could be our solution to all of the above.
Cartons can be re-used in many fun ways, but when you use as much as we do, you run out of ways to up-cycle. Needless to say, cartons in a landfill are detrimental to the environment. Using these two 100% recyclable plastic containers keeps 26 half-gallon cartons out of the landfill! They also have larger containers for more serious milk drinkers and that has an even bigger impact. I really hope that they create more nut options in the future such as hemp and oat, my personal favorites!
You can order JOI Almond Milk Concentrate on Amazon using my affiliate link below. If you go through this link, you’ll be supporting The Travel Bug Bite!